One Pot Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
Updated: Jan 4, 2019
This one Pot Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff is a healthy & hearty twist on a classic Stroganoff!
1 Small Yellow Onion
10 oz Cremini or Baby Bella Mushrooms
4 cups Dry Rotini Pasta (GF if necessary)
4 cups Imitation Beef Flavored Veggie Broth
2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1/3 cup Cashew Butter
1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 – 1/2 tsp Salt (optional)
1. Peel your Onion, cut it in half, and then thinly slice it into half “rings.” Clean your Mushrooms using a damp paper towel or cloth, then cut in half or fourths, depending on size. You want to keep the Mushrooms relatively large, as they will shrink when cooking and are meant to imitate beef in this recipe.
2. Pour a splash of water to a large pot over medium heat. Add in the sliced Onions and cook until translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Add in the Pasta, Mushrooms, Beef-flavored Broth, Nutritional Yeast, and Black Pepper. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
4. Turn the heat off, then stir in the Cashew Butter and Lemon Juice until everything is well incorporated. Taste the pasta and add any additional Salt, if necessary.
5. Top with freshly chopped Parsley and Black Pepper, and serve warm. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Recipe by: www.frommybowl.com